Monday 6 June 2011

My New Frock!


I thought it was about time I made something for myself! I don't think I've made a new dress since... January 2010?  I've been so busy sewing things for the shop and putting ideas down that I've neglected myself a bit, so I spent all last week designing this dress, drafting out a pattern and putting it together.


The fabric is all 100% cotton from a shop next to Exeter Central called Inspirations, which until recently I didn't realise had a whole wall of lovely fabric! It could be something to do with the fact that I left for five years and in that time the shop is even more exciting than when I left :-)



Someone said once that I could pull this colour off so I thought I'd give it a go.  The lining is a fantastic contrasting turquoise colour and the belt a lovely chocolatey brown.  I wasn't sure at first about the pleated waistband but I think it works.. It just needs a slight alteration so the folds stay put!


No comments: