Wednesday 16 March 2011

Ethos...

When people ask "What do you do?" how many of you are excited by your answer?  I mean, really passionate about it?

This is just a little thing I've been thinking lately and I thought as it's so relevant to what I'm trying to do, I would share it with anyone reading.  I'm talking about sewing, dressmaking.. Buttons and Beeswax

I love the feeling of making something for somebody and playing a part in their excitement of having something new, that was put together just for them.  I like the idea that something as simple as an item of clothing can make you feel really good about yourself.  It can change your confidence,  the way you stand and how you see yourself in the mirror.

Creating things for people to wear is exciting because it makes them feel special.  It is a personal and indulgent thing to spend money on hand made clothing and I want people to feel like they are getting a treat.  That's what gives me a buzz.

Dressmaking started for me as a hobby, but I know that isn't enough.  It's what interests me, and if I have to do something to live then I want it to be that.  To give people that feeling I just described.  And if we have to spend most of hours working, why not spend it working on something we love?

1 comment:

Anaka said...

I couldn't agree more! It's so important to find something one loves to do in life, and you seem to be very good at what you love, which is awesome! Your blog is great, and I've added it to my blogroll.